Sunday, July 5, 2015

Call me the Tree Doctor

Recently I became a licensed pesticide applicator for North Carolina turf and trees. I like to think of my self as a tree doctor. I am sent to trees that are sick and diagnose them, whether it be from insects or fungus. This time of year Leyland Cypress (Cupressocyparis leylandii) can become infested with Bagworms. The proper treatment for this is to spray the infected trees with Basilis thuringiensis. This is also a treatment for spring Eastern Tent Caterpillars and Fall Webworms.

                                      
For the treatment of trees that are out of reach, such as a Pignut Hickory (Carya glabra) that I recently diagnosed with fungal Root Rot and Brown Leaf Spot fungus. Where in this case I needed to treat the foliage which was 70 to 100 feet up I used an basal injection systemic fungicide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment